7 rounds from 11 a.m. until approximately 7.30 p.m.
Time Limit: 20 minutes each per game plus 10 seconds per move.
If registered by 21 February: $25 including all titled players
If registered on 22 February: $35 including all titled players
If registered on 23 February: $50 including all titled players
1st $300 2nd $250 3rd $200
U2000-1800, U1800-1600, U1600-1400 and U1400
$150 in each division
• The event will be ACF & FIDE rated. All foreign players must have a FIDE Identification number.
• You need to register and pay by 21 February to be eligible for the early entry fee.
• Players are eligible for one prize only. Unrated players are not eligible for rating-restricted prizes.
• Forfeit times: Any player who arrives at the chessboard after their time has elapsed shall lose the game unless the arbiter decides otherwise.
• All NSW resident players must be full members for 2020 of (or join) the NSWCA or the NSWJCL.
• To be eligible to win the title of City of Sydney Rapid Champion the player must live within the County of Cumberland
• By entering the event, players acknowledge that the decision of the organiser (NSWCA) is final.
• All prizes not redeemed within 12 months will be treated as donations to the next Olympiad.
Note: All foreign players must have a FIDE Identification number.
Australian Citizens & Permanent residents without FIDE id numbers will need to provide DOB prior to the start of the event or their entry will not be accepted.
Foreign players without a FIDE id number will not be accepted. They will need to obtain a FIDE id number from their National Federation and advise that number prior to their entry being accepted.